Disclaimer & Copyright Notices; Optimized for the MS Internet Explorer
Shalom Murti Mandaville
Updated: January 06,
(The Challenge of Change, Nova Scotia Economic Strategy, Voluntary Planning, March 1991)
My experience/interests fall into three broad categories:
My ancestral background/tradition from Anakapalle, India is `trade and commerce'.
When I was an engineering student in Andhra Pradesh years ago, I was one of the earliest members of a lobby establishment in India known as the Forum of Free Enterprise.
In a nutshell, I have worked
actively in the construction and land development industry in Canada
for approximately two decades. Following that, I carried out scientific
research in freshwater since the late 1980's. Since mid-to-late 2006, I
have been involved in human relations, in addition to my volunteer
Applied Limnology/Professional Lake Management
A significant interest and specialty of mine are in Applied Limnology, i.e., the practical applications of the science of freshwaters and Lake Management.
I spearhead the Soil & Water Conservation Society of Metro Halifax (SWCSMH),
a volunteer society, nevertheless a scientific research group. We have
members/associates not only from the Halifax Regional Municipality (HRM), Nova Scotia, Canada, but also a few leading scientists from Ontario and select states USA. Our objectives; snapshot summary of our accomplishments; and select compliments and acknowledgements received.
have extensive interests, mostly dealing with human relations, public
communication, and working in partnership with all entities in the
scientific/technical domain within the time constraints.
I just love liaison with people of all background.
Select memberships and general interests
- Member since 1991, International Association of Theoretical and Applied Limnology (SIL)
- Member, Dartmouth Sportsplex
- Spearheaded the physical shoreline (and underwater cleanup) of lakes to which the public was invited via the media as follows: Kearney Lake (1991), Halifax/Bedford; Settle Lake (1994), Dartmouth; Maynard Lake (2002 and 2004), Dartmouth
- Member (2007-2008), Cultural Advisory Committee (CAC), Halifax Regional Municipality (HRM)
- Member (mid-2007), Special Events Advisory Committee (SEAC), Halifax Regional Municipality (HRM)
- Member (1996-2005), Halifax Watershed Advisory Board and its predecessors
- Chair (1988-1991), Sackville Rivers Advisory Board (SRAB), Halifax County Municipality
- Member (1980's), Shubenacadie Lakes Advisory Board (SLAB), Halifax County Municipality
- Fund raiser over the years (on/off) for various community
related events; e.g., the Christmas Turkey dinners for the
- Member (1987), The Navy League of Canada
- Member (approximately, late 1970s and/or early-1980s), Halifax Board of Trade, and Member, Civic Affairs Committee of the Board
- Member (approximately, early-1980s), Sackville Chamber of Commerce
- Member (approx. 1970s), Halifax Junior Chamber of Commerce
3D Animated Flags--By 3DFlags.com
I salute the Chebucto Community Net (CCN) of Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada for hosting the web site, and I applaud its volunteers for their devotion in making `CCN' the best community net in the world