Metro Community Access Network Society
David Murdoch aa003 Interim Chair; Mark Timothy Lee aa469; Marlene Moore ab728;
Larry Hicks ab492; Max Fox aa594.
Purpose of Resource Development Committee
To provide, through all available means, the resources required to operate
Metro Community Access Network Society and Chebucto Freenet effectively.
What has been accomplished
During this first year, many of the initial resources were acquired before
this Committee was formed. The Committee is still in its planning stages
but has identified some potential future sponsors.
List of Current Sponsors
- SUN Spark 2 Computer donated by IOTEK Inc. Logan Duffield, President
- Multiplexer and two modems donated by Halifax Harbour Cleanup Inc.
- $10,000 plus equipment and service to Public Access Terminals donated
by Halifax Cable and Access Cable, Dartmouth.
- $10,000+ donated in kind by providing reduced cost of Internet access
by NSTN Inc. Michael Martineau, President.
- $50,000 interim funding provided by Province of Nova Scotia and
Federal Goverment of Canada under the Cooperation Agreement on Technology
The Future Goals of the Resource Development Committee
To volunteer for this Committee please send e-mail to aa003 David Murdoch
- To solicit ideas from the membership on how to sustain the Society
- To establish a strategy and develop methods for ensuring that
the Society and Chebucto Freenet are made sustainable through ongoing
- To work with other Committees, especially Communications, in areas
of mutual interest.
- To build on the excellent volunteers base we already have by
attracting people to this Committee with specific skills and ideas