Draft Documentation standards - December 8, 1993
1) All help documentation should be written using html formatting
with links for entry into Chebucto FreeNet.
2) Press means: touch a key; use all caps to name key (e.g. Press
ENTER -- touch the ENTER key).
3) Type means: touch each key (e.g. Type enter -- touch e, n, t,
4) Use italics to indicate keystrokes.
(in html use "angle bracket i angle bracket" at the beginning
and "angle bracket slash i angle bracket" at the end, even though it might
not appear on many displays)
5) Use ENTER and RETURN.
6) Where possible, help documents should have three parts:
a) an introduction, which provides background, theory;
b) step-by-step instructions;
c) trouble-shooting guide.
7) Where possible, use short, direct statements; avoid the