Chebucto's Environmental Calendar
The intent of this list is to provide information on events related to
the environment occuring in the greater Halifax area, or larger events
within Nova Scotia or the Maritimes.
If you're interested in submitting to this list, see the information below
If you're logged onto Chebucto you can reach this page any time by the
shortcut "g enviro-events".
- Saturdays, Oct 7th & 14th
- Solar Home Design Course: a practical, how-to course on designing and
building homes, greenhouses, solariums, and additions.
- Oct 21st - 24th
- National Solar Energy Conference at the Lord Nelson. Visit the
Rise & Shine 2000 page for more info.
- Saturday, Nov 4th
- Solar Home Tour: two exceptional homes in the Halifax area. Shared
transport available. Check Events page on
Solar NS for more info.
Welcome to Enviro-Events!
This section deals with who can add info (or how to get your dates
added), and the format of information being added.
All editors for web pages in the Environment section of Chebucto, as
well as some others who are environment oriented but happen to be listed
elsewhere (eg Recreation) can edit this file. If you are associated with
one of these groups, contact the site maintainer for the group. If not,
contact me Colin Stewart by
email. You will need to have your info ready to be inserted.
This site will not consider commercial events unless there is a strong
Added items should conform with the following
- All entries are in the form of data lists <dl>.
- The date should be the data term <dt> element. Frame this
information with <b>Bold</b> tags for a clearer
- Further information should be listed in the data definition <dd>
- Please limit your info to three lines - but feel free to add links.
- Links to material on the CCN should be referemced via relative
links, i.e. of the form <a
href="../Directory/file.html">Name</a>. This file is located in
the directory /Environment/Events so moving back to the /Environment
directory involves moving up one level in the heirarchy, hence ../.
- Please add items in chronological order. If there is already an item
on that date, please add yours following.
- Multiday events are listed from the first day, at the end of the one
day items, shorter duration items first. Long term events, unless there
is some special benefit, should not be listed (contact me). Where
permission is given, they should be at the end of the month.
- Please remove your entries after the events have occured!
This page is 'owned' by the editor of Chebucto's Environment section.
All right to edit and control content remain with Chebucto and the