[NatureNS] More Flycatchers

From: "john belbin" <jbelbin@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: "Naturens" <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2006 13:53:52 -0300

Flycatchers continue to be unusually obvious close to Walker Brook today.
We have had a "family" of Kingbirds here all morning and they are quite
active. There are at least five of them with 3 appearing to be juveniles
whose flying skills need to be much improved compared to the abilities of
the adults. I would have thought that this close to migration they would all
have been almost equally competent. However they are all feeding and
squabbling happily. We still have some Olive Sided flycatchers and Eastern
Phoebes as well, it makes for interesting comparisons when they are within a
couple of metres of each other. The Northern Flickers have become quite
vocal again today. So far no Humming Birds after a very busy day yesterday -
maybe they have left.

John Belbin - Kingston