[NatureNS] Some Humour

From: "Eddie Chapman" <echapman@online.no>
To: <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 07:15:45 +0200

Hallo all,
That story reminds me of my misspent youth, many years ago in England. I
took my girlfriend (now my wife) birding to see a White-rumped Sandpiper at
a local wetland. We soon located the bird and sat down to study it. After a
while a birder by the name of Eric Hosking came along. At the time he was a
very prominent birder, with several books and TV appearances to his name.
When he asked my girlfriend if we had seen the White-rumped Sandpiper she
very kindly pointed it out with all the expertise of a seasoned birder. Eric
thanked her and sat down beside us. Five minutes later a Mew Gull landed by
the side of the wader, to which my girlfriend said in a loud voice "what is
that funny white bird" Well the look on Hosking's face. So maybe there is a
reason why English Twitchers don't take their girlfriends birding.

All the best,
Eddie Chapman, Voss, Norway.
Today's Photo: Black-throated Diver (New)
http://norwegian-birding-route.com/index-filer/Page345.htm