[NatureNS] Province purchases natural areas

Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2007 09:42:08 -0800 (PST)
From: Paul MacDonald <paulrita2001@yahoo.com>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

Hi Dave and All
The two ideas, public access to beaches and areas in
public trust are not mutually exclusive. Note I didn't
call these areas parks and at least with the ones in
Mahone Bay will not be parks.
All this points out the need for money. A conservation
stamp is very needed but even many folks on this list
were very opposed - judging from the straw pole my
earlier posts on the subject produced!
I realise I may be biased having encouraged MICA in
their fund raising activities over the years but from
these very activities came the announcements of the
last few days.
So get out there folks. Start suppers and auction
rubber duck evenings - money talks - those who raise
money are taking a lot more seriously than those who
write letters to editors and so on.
Anyone got a good idea for conservation stamps?
Afterall there is a lot of folks who claim high
education on this list - don't leave everything to
high school failures!
Enjoy the winter
Paul