[NatureNS] Swallows

From: "Dorothy" <dort@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 08:51:31 -0300
thread-index: AceFvMil1XAu8hC1QDWWsyiLk7cDDAAqPGEg

Hi Mike:

We had our first Tree Swallow Sunday evening and again yesterday. My
neighbour always has a nesting pair in her yard.  I also had my first
Northern Flicker for the season, and the "peepers" were singing long before
dark last night.  My son told me that he heard a single peeper about three
nights ago.  Looking back in my bird journal, I see that we had Peepers and
frogs singing by April the 13th in 2006.

Happy Birding

Dorothy Cameron
Popes Road
Woods Harbour, NS