[NatureNS] Gnatcatcher

From: "Elizabeth Doull" <edoull@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2007 17:56:45 -0300

------=_NextPart_000_00C4_01C7FE0B.1B502100

Re: [NatureNS] Ontario BirdsVisited Duncan Cove.  Saw a few darting =
birds and nothing more so I tried Chebucto Head.  A few Gannets were up =
close, but  no jaegers or kittiwakes. The wind direction was wrong. =
After some lingering, I went back to Duncan Cove for "one more look", =
which I was glad I did.  A red eyed vireo flew across in front of my car =
so I stopped the car quickly and saw lots of birds flying around in the =
bushes near the brown house overseeing the trail. The next  bird I came =
across was a Blue-Grey Gnatcatcher!!  Wow, a surprise find.  Good looks =
at it.  My first gnatcatcher in almost nine years.  I saw my first one =
(lifer) at Sullivan's Pond in Dartmouth in the downpour, thanks to =
Clarence Stevens' assistance. Three blackpolls, 2 Black throated Green =
warblers, 3 Common Yellow throat family (male, female, young),  Palm =
warbler,  White throated and song sparrows, and blue jays. I hung around =
in hopes of seeing a rare vireo or warbler. No joy. I kept at it till =
the sun came out. The temperature rose.  Birds stopped moving.=20

Cheers, liz
------=_NextPart_000_00C4_01C7FE0B.1B502100

<HTML><HEAD><TITLE>Re: [NatureNS] Ontario Birds</TITLE>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial>Visited Duncan Cove.&nbsp; Saw a few darting =
birds and=20
nothing more so I tried Chebucto Head.&nbsp; A few Gannets&nbsp;were up =
close,=20
but&nbsp; no&nbsp;jaegers or kittiwakes. The wind direction was wrong. =
After=20
some lingering, I went back to Duncan Cove for "one more look", which I =
was glad=20
I did.&nbsp; A red eyed vireo flew across in front of&nbsp;my car so I =
stopped=20
the car quickly and saw&nbsp;lots of birds flying around in the bushes =
near the=20
brown house overseeing the trail.&nbsp;The next&nbsp; bird I came across =
was a=20
<STRONG>Blue-Grey Gnatcatcher</STRONG>!!&nbsp; Wow, a surprise =
find.&nbsp; Good=20
looks at it.&nbsp; My first gnatcatcher in&nbsp;almost nine years.&nbsp; =
I saw=20
my first one (lifer) at Sullivan's Pond in Dartmouth in the downpour, =
thanks to=20
Clarence Stevens' assistance.&nbsp;Three blackpolls, 2 Black throated =
Green=20
warblers, 3 Common Yellow throat family (male, female, young),&nbsp; =
Palm=20
warbler,&nbsp; White throated and song&nbsp;sparrows, and blue jays. I =
hung=20
around in hopes of seeing a rare&nbsp;vireo or warbler. No joy. I kept =
at it=20
till the sun came out. The temperature rose.&nbsp;&nbsp;Birds stopped=20
moving.&nbsp;</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial>Cheers,=20
liz</FONT></DIV></FONT></DIV></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_00C4_01C7FE0B.1B502100--