[NatureNS] Downy Woodpecker Behaviour

Date: Wed, 01 Oct 2008 22:24:04 -0300
From: "Margaret E.Millard" <mmillard@eastlink.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

That happens all the time here at the grapevine. They wack that seed into
cracks and into crevasses they create in the frame. Blue Jays come right
behind as well as Chickadees and harvest and replant them elsewhere.
Downys are quite tame as are Hairys. I have them land on me or the cakes as
I am carry seed cakes out.
Marg in White Point, Queens
http://margmillard.ca