[NatureNS] First Monarch - Valley

Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2009 17:57:44 -0300
From: Larry Bogan <larry@bogan.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

Jim
  Yes, we usually see the first Monarchs in 'early' June and this is
late for us.  I put my sightings on Journey
North.(http://www.learner.org/jnorth/).. looked up last year and my
first sighting was 3 June 2008 last year. Even though we see them in
June, our experience is that they do not start laying eggs until July.

 I see that Edwin Giffin saw a Monarch on 3 June in Shubenacadie and
there was on in Annapolis Royal on the 13th of June so mine is not the
first this year.

Larry

--
Larry Bogan  - larry@bogan.ca - www.bogan.ca