[NatureNS] Robin at windows

From: Marg Millard <mmillard@eastlink.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Sun, 04 Apr 2010 11:36:20 -0300

I went out to check for possible insects and noticed that, on the shaded
side of the house, the window glass is a fairly good mirror. There were no
insects about so I believe that it was trying to chase off its image.

    This may be common but I don't recall having seen this before.
Yt, Dave Webster, Kentville

I have that happen here a number of times a year and with different birds. I
wonder if they don't see the reflection and don't realize it is barriered.
My neighbour has sparrows, maybe even the same one, that does that to one of
her windows same time each year and we just like to think it is the soul of
a loved one saying hello. It doesn't smash into the glass just buzzes awhile
then leaves, repeats and departs again.
Marg in White Point, Queens
http://MargMillard.ca