[NatureNS] Flying ants

From: Ann Morrison <jastatu@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2010 23:45:18 -0300
To: "naturens@chebucto.ns.ca" <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>

Oh yeah I remember Flying Ant day in the Sixties... Yuck! A few more in the seventies but nothing like the sixties.
I know carpenter ants have large winged ants in their group that go out in search of a new home.
A couple of summers ago there was an amazing 'hatching' of a flying insect that turned the surface of the Arm a reddish brown. (That's different from the 'normal' colours of the Arm. Ha!)
Ann

Sent from my iPhone