[NatureNS] Lack of birds

From: Richard Stern <sternrichard@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2010 13:43:41 -0300
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

--0016e64c180087e35d048dcb4e34

Hi,

On Wednesday morning there were a number of juv. Red-winged Blackbirds in
the cat-tails at the new wetland trail in Kentville. Yesterday morning there
were a number of Bobolinks, Nelson's and Savannah sparrows + Barn and Bank
swallows on the wires, behind my office in Port Williams. This morning there
were N.Parulas, C.yellowthroats, Yellow warblers, Empid. flycatchers,
several E.Kingbirds, White-br. Nuthatches and a Cardinal in our own yard.
I'm sure many of these were migrants.

Richard

--
#################
Richard Stern,

sternrichard@gmail.com
###################

--0016e64c180087e35d048dcb4e34

Hi,<br><br>On Wednesday morning there were a number of juv. Red-winged Blac=
kbirds in the cat-tails at the new wetland trail in Kentville. Yesterday mo=
rning there were a number of Bobolinks, Nelson&#39;s and Savannah sparrows =
+ Barn and Bank swallows on the wires, behind my office in Port Williams. T=
his morning there were N.Parulas, C.yellowthroats, Yellow warblers, Empid. =
flycatchers, several E.Kingbirds, White-br. Nuthatches and a Cardinal in ou=
r own yard. I&#39;m sure many of these were migrants.<br>

PM, Andrew Stadnyk <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:Andrew.Stadnyk@d=
gmail_quote" style=3D"margin: 0pt 0pt 0pt 0.8ex; border-left: 1px solid rgb=
(204, 204, 204); padding-left: 1ex;">

I just returned from a walk along the Lawrencetown beach trail where I hope=
d to show-off the yellow throat warblers I watched for the past month, and =
there were none. =A0It was particularly quiet for warblers, perhaps they ha=
ve left.<br>

Quoting andy dean &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:aadean@ns.sympatico.ca" target=3D"_=
blank">aadean@ns.sympatico.ca</a>&gt;:<br>
r-left: 1px solid rgb(204, 204, 204); padding-left: 1ex;">
Has anybody else a sense of birds leaving early? There have been redwings a=
ll summer in Seven Bridges but suddenly they have all gone, it seems too ea=
rly for this especially as the sexes =A0traditionally leave separately with=
 males going well ahead of females and young. Also the woods are eerily qui=
et lately.<br>

Andy<br>
Andy and Lelia Dean<br>
86 Baden Powell Drive<br>