[NatureNS] Wasp nests

From: Richard Stern <sternrichard@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2010 21:45:06 -0300
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

--0016364164e9ab41a3048e0e617e

Hi,

We are inundated with paper wasp nests at the moment. Raccoons seem to like
to tear them apart, presumably to get at the larvae inside! A poke with a
lengthy stick, followed by a rapid retreat, seems to work well. There is
also a foam you can buy - wait till after dark when the wasps are inactive,
then spray the foam at the nest, and it plugs it up, and kills the wasps.

Richard

--
#################
Dr.R.B.Stern,

Richard Stern,
317 Middle Dyke Rd.
Port Williams, NS, Canada
B0P 1T0

sternrichard@gmail.com
###################

--0016364164e9ab41a3048e0e617e

Hi,<br><br>We are inundated with paper wasp nests at the moment. Raccoons s=
eem to like to tear them apart, presumably to get at the larvae inside! A p=
oke with a lengthy stick, followed by a rapid retreat, seems to work well. =
There is also a foam you can buy - wait till after dark when the wasps are =
inactive, then spray the foam at the nest, and it plugs it up, and kills th=
e wasps.<br>

AM, V. Redden <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:Reddenville@nncweb.ca=
_quote" style=3D"margin: 0pt 0pt 0pt 0.8ex; border-left: 1px solid rgb(204,=
 204, 204); padding-left: 1ex;">

summer and now that I need it I have discovered a paper wasp nest
attached to the rungs and sides. <br>
I was wondering if anyone knew of=A0 way to detach these nests, safely,
for me and them. <br>
Or will they leave the nest at some time and set my ladder free. If
this is so when would this happen? <br>
Or I could wait for </font><font face=3D"Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif">the
really good show, </font><font face=3D"Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif">my
husband freeing the ladder in his own way</font><font face=3D"Helvetica, Ar=
ial, sans-serif">. <br>
Any suggestions about wasps would be greatly appreciated. <br>
Virginia Redden<br>
Port Howe<br>
<pre cols=3D"72">They hang the man and flog the woman
That steal the goose from off the common,
But let the greater villain loose
That steals the common from the goose.</pre>

Canada<br>

B0P 1T0<br><br><a href=3D"mailto:sternrichard@gmail.com">sternrichard@gmail=

--0016364164e9ab41a3048e0e617e--