[NatureNS] Bird Sightings and Otherwise

From: James Hirtle <jrhbirder@hotmail.com>
To: Naturens Naturens <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2010 02:22:25 +0000

--_d977b076-b36d-46f2-81dc-7ba9767d6c81_

I would first like to say that I was priviledged to hear Out On The Mira la=
st night in the Mi'Kmaq language.  This was performed by someone from Cape =
Breton and it was wonderful.  They had a Mi'Kmaq / Acadian Festival at Fort=
 Point.  I unfortunately had to work=2C so did not get to see the day perfo=
rmers=2C but was lucky to have the Cape Breton gentleman perfrom the song a=
gain at an Acadian Kitchen Party in the evening.

=20

I acquired some more information on the peacocks that have been hanging in =
Hebbville.  Apparently=2C on July 3 these birds had been at Indian Point in=
 the marsh and others saw them in that community.  They then apparently fle=
w from there to Hebbville=2C so who knows where they came from?

=20

Today=2C David Walmark and I did some birding.  At the Fauxburg Trail we ha=
d:

=20

Common Grackle 1

Eastern Wood Pewee 1

Red-eyed Vireo 6

Least Flycatcher 3

Black-capped Chickadee 13

American Goldfinch 5

American Redstart 2

Ruby-throated Hummingbird 1

Black & White Warbler 2

Blue-headed Vireo 3

American Robin 1

Blue Jay several

Swamp Sparrow 1

Red-breasted Nuthatch 1

=20

At the Clearland Trail

=20

Black-capped Chickadees 12

Gray Catbird 2

White-breasted Nuthatch 2

Song Sparrow 10

Yellow Warbler 1

Northern Parula 2

Red -eyed Vireo 5

Chestnut-sided Warbler 1

Black & White Warbler 3

American Redstart 2

Ruby-throated Hummingbird 1

Blue-headed Vireo 1

Black-throated Green Warbler 1

Magnolia Warbler 1

=20

Long Hill was relatively quiet but Common Yellowthroat for 3 added another =
warbler species.

=20

This evening at Indian Path I had=20

=20

Yellow-rumped Warbler 5

Palm Warbler 2

Nashville Warbler 1

Common Yellowthroat 1

Dark-eyed Junco 4

Swamp Sparrow 1

=20

=20

James R. Hirtle

Bayport

=20

=20
 		 	   		  =

--_d977b076-b36d-46f2-81dc-7ba9767d6c81_

<head>
.hmmessage P
{
margin:0px=3B
padding:0px
}
body.hmmessage
{
font-size: 10pt=3B
font-family:Tahoma
}
--></style>
</head>
I would first like to say that I was priviledged to hear Out On The Mira la=
st night in the Mi'Kmaq language.&nbsp=3B This was performed by someone fro=
m Cape Breton and it was wonderful.&nbsp=3B They had a Mi'Kmaq / Acadian Fe=
stival at Fort Point.&nbsp=3B I unfortunately had to work=2C so did not get=
 to see the day performers=2C but was lucky to have the Cape Breton gentlem=
an perfrom the song again at an Acadian Kitchen Party in the evening.<BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
I acquired some more information on the peacocks that have been hanging in =
Hebbville.&nbsp=3B Apparently=2C on July 3 these birds had been at Indian P=
oint in the marsh and others saw them in that community.&nbsp=3B They then =
apparently flew from there to Hebbville=2C so who knows where they came fro=
m?<BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
Today=2C David Walmark and I did some birding.&nbsp=3B At the Fauxburg Trai=
l we had:<BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
Common Grackle 1<BR>
Eastern Wood Pewee 1<BR>
Red-eyed Vireo 6<BR>
Least Flycatcher 3<BR>
Black-capped Chickadee 13<BR>
American Goldfinch 5<BR>
American Redstart 2<BR>
Ruby-throated Hummingbird 1<BR>
Black &amp=3B White Warbler 2<BR>
Blue-headed Vireo 3<BR>
American Robin 1<BR>
Blue Jay several<BR>
Swamp Sparrow 1<BR>
Red-breasted Nuthatch 1<BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
At the Clearland Trail<BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
Black-capped Chickadees 12<BR>
Gray Catbird 2<BR>
White-breasted Nuthatch 2<BR>
Song Sparrow 10<BR>
Yellow Warbler 1<BR>
Northern Parula 2<BR>
Red -eyed Vireo 5<BR>
Chestnut-sided Warbler 1<BR>
Black &amp=3B White Warbler 3<BR>
American Redstart 2<BR>
Ruby-throated Hummingbird 1<BR>
Blue-headed Vireo 1<BR>
Black-throated Green Warbler 1<BR>
Magnolia Warbler 1<BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
Long Hill was relatively quiet but Common Yellowthroat for 3 added another =
warbler species.<BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
This evening at Indian Path I had <BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
Yellow-rumped Warbler 5<BR>
Palm Warbler 2<BR>
Nashville Warbler 1<BR>
Common Yellowthroat 1<BR>
Dark-eyed Junco 4<BR>
Swamp Sparrow 1<BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
James R. Hirtle<BR>
Bayport<BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR> 		 	   		  </body>

--_d977b076-b36d-46f2-81dc-7ba9767d6c81_--