[NatureNS] Orchard Oriole Hartlen Pt; Laughing Gull Eastern Passage, HRM

From: Andrew Horn <aghorn@dal.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca, NS-RBA <NS-RBA@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2010 14:41:50 -0300

--Apple-Mail-3-199432915

Hi all,

A female Orchard Oriole was in the woods on the west side of Back Cove
this morning (though watch out; a female Baltimore was in the area
Sunday and possibly today), and a Laughing Gull (2nd cycle, non-
breeding, I think) was on the flats at McCormack's Beach.

There was a fair number of migrants in the Back Cove woods, but they
were scarcer and much tougher work to draw out than the oodles that
were there and active on Saturday morning.

Over the past week or so, the migration predictions given at a New
Jersey bird radar enthusiast's site have worked quite well for here,
if you consult them together with our own weather maps and, of course,
the fact that their weather's a bit ahead of ours.

His site is here: http://www.woodcreeper.com/
And the Cape May bird blog that he refers to sometimes (which is very
neat) is here: http://cmboviewfromthefield.blogspot.com/

Cheers,
Andy Horn
Halifax
--Apple-Mail-3-199432915

female Orchard Oriole was in the woods on the west side of Back Cove =
this morning (though watch out; a female Baltimore was in the area =
Sunday and possibly today), and a Laughing Gull (2nd cycle, =
non-breeding, I think) was on the flats at McCormack's =
the Back Cove woods, but they were scarcer and much tougher work to draw =
out than the oodles that were there and active on Saturday =
migration predictions given at a New Jersey bird radar enthusiast's site =
have worked quite well for here, if you consult them together with our =
own weather maps and, of course, the fact that their weather's a bit =
href=3D"http://www.woodcreeper.com/">http://www.woodcreeper.com/</a></div>=
very neat) is here:&nbsp;<a =
href=3D"http://cmboviewfromthefield.blogspot.com/">http://cmboviewfromthef=

--Apple-Mail-3-199432915--