[NatureNS] Re: laughing gulls etc

From: "Darrell" <doabolit@northnovacable.ca>
To: <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2010 20:37:42 -0300

------=_NextPart_000_002C_01CB4ECC.84E869F0

Went to Eastern Passage to see the Black Skimmers today but as luck =
would have it they were not around. I did capture a Laughing Gull thanks =
to a fellow birder. Elizabeth was looking on a red buoy for a tern in =
her spotting scope and I can confirm it was a tern after I got it on my =
puter but too far to tell if it was a Royal or not.=20

Then went to the beach at Hartlin point where the peeps were a joy, too =
tame near flying into and landing on me. A couple turnstones and many =
semipalmated sandpipers etc. I did capture two that seemed a little =
bigger/darker and seperate from the others, wondering if they are the =
Western's people are talking of?

Off to the moose in Cow Bay to see if the Great Egret or Skimmers were =
there but seen neither, seen a black bellied plover and a greater =
yellowlegs there.

On to Conrads beach where I captured what I think in Bonapart's gulls =
(black along full wing and different coloured feet )in the salt marsh =
before the gate, quite a few there and close to the road.

Some of these gulls and sandpipers are HARD, can anyone confirm or deny =
my ID's in my shorebird gallery... http://abolitphotos.ca  Not sure if =
the Bonapart's are laughing gulls or of the western sandpipers. On the =
7th image I captured what I also thought was a Bonapart's in full black =
head heading towards Canso about a month ago, questioning that ID as =
well now, argh.

Nice talking to fellow naturens people,
Darrell
------=_NextPart_000_002C_01CB4ECC.84E869F0

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><EM><FONT size=3D4>Went to Eastern Passage to see the Black =
Skimmers today=20
but as luck would have it they were not around. I did capture a Laughing =
Gull=20
thanks to a fellow birder. Elizabeth was looking on a red buoy for a =
tern in her=20
spotting scope and I can confirm it was a tern after I got it on my =
puter but=20
too far to tell if it was a Royal or not. </FONT></EM></DIV>
<DIV><EM><FONT size=3D4></FONT></EM>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><EM><FONT size=3D4>Then went to the beach at Hartlin =
point&nbsp;where the=20
peeps were a joy, too tame near flying into and landing on me. =
A&nbsp;couple=20
turnstones and many semipalmated sandpipers etc. I did capture two that =
seemed a=20
little bigger/darker and seperate from the others, wondering if they are =
the=20
Western's people are talking of?</FONT></EM></DIV>
<DIV><EM><FONT size=3D4></FONT></EM>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><EM><FONT size=3D4>Off to the moose in Cow Bay to see if the Great =
Egret or=20
Skimmers were there but seen neither, seen a black bellied plover and a =
greater=20
yellowlegs there.</FONT></EM></DIV>
<DIV><EM><FONT size=3D4></FONT></EM>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><EM><FONT size=3D4>On to Conrads beach where I captured what I =
think in=20
Bonapart's gulls (black along full wing and different coloured feet )in =
the salt=20
marsh before the gate, quite a few there and close to the=20
road.</FONT></EM></DIV>
<DIV><EM><FONT size=3D4></FONT></EM>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><EM><FONT size=3D4>Some of these gulls and sandpipers are HARD, can =
anyone=20
confirm or deny my ID's in my shorebird gallery... <A=20
href=3D"http://abolitphotos.ca">http://abolitphotos.ca</A>&nbsp; Not =
sure if the=20
Bonapart's are laughing gulls or of the western sandpipers. On the 7th =
image I=20
captured what I also thought was a Bonapart's in full black head heading =
towards=20
Canso about a month ago, questioning that ID as well now,=20
argh.</FONT></EM></DIV>
<DIV><EM><FONT size=3D4></FONT></EM>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><EM><FONT size=3D4>Nice talking to fellow naturens =
people,</FONT></EM></DIV>
<DIV><EM><FONT size=3D4>Darrell</FONT></EM></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_002C_01CB4ECC.84E869F0--