[NatureNS] Hirtle's Beach tonight

From: James Hirtle <jrhbirder@hotmail.com>
To: Naturens Naturens <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>,
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2010 02:25:24 +0000

--_955d6ac9-19e1-432c-a16e-9fd9f6c917db_

I made another trip to Hirtle's Beach after work and again did not see the =
snowy plover.  The only two shorebirds present was a sanderling and a black=
-bellied plover.  I had great looks and comparisons of a black skimmer and =
the royal tern side by side.  I was able to view the royal tern on a number=
 of occasions while I was there.  There were two forster's terns and a tern=
 to either side of them slightly larger with longer bills=2C which I believ=
e were two sandwich terns.  Laughing gulls were present.  It was very foggy=
 and I saw many terns flying by one of which was charcoal underneath.  This=
 tern unfortunately was a distance away and headed back out towards the sea=
 and into the fog=2C so I could not get a positive id on it. =20

=20

There were also forster's terns foraging alongside of the road by my dads p=
lace in East LaHave this evening.

=20

James R. Hirtle

Bayport
 		 	   		  =

--_955d6ac9-19e1-432c-a16e-9fd9f6c917db_

<head>
.hmmessage P
{
margin:0px=3B
padding:0px
}
body.hmmessage
{
font-size: 10pt=3B
font-family:Tahoma
}
--></style>
</head>
I made another trip to Hirtle's Beach after work and again did not see the =
snowy plover.&nbsp=3B The only two shorebirds present was a sanderling and =
a black-bellied plover.&nbsp=3B I had great looks and comparisons of a blac=
k skimmer and the royal tern side by side.&nbsp=3B I was able to view the r=
oyal tern on a number of occasions while I was there.&nbsp=3B There were tw=
o forster's terns and a tern to either side of them slightly larger with lo=
nger bills=2C which I believe were two sandwich terns.&nbsp=3B Laughing gul=
ls were present.&nbsp=3B It was very foggy and I saw many terns flying by o=
ne of which was charcoal underneath.&nbsp=3B This tern unfortunately was a =
distance away and headed back out towards the sea and into the fog=2C so I =
could not get a positive id on it.&nbsp=3B <BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
There were also forster's terns foraging alongside of the road by my dads p=
lace in East LaHave this evening.<BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
James R. Hirtle<BR>
Bayport<BR> 		 	   		  </body>

--_955d6ac9-19e1-432c-a16e-9fd9f6c917db_--