[NatureNS] Canadian Burnet and Aronia arbutifolia

From: "Kristl Walek" <kristl@bellaliant.net>
To: <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2010 12:44:33 -0300

Janet,
It was me who was first seeking a source for the plant outside of Cape
Breton and was led to the Cape Split colony---which does indeed still exist.

It is my intuition that this particular colony on the Cape Split Road was
likely introduced in this spot at some point and continues to expland in the
ditch there, as well as sparsely on the ocean side of the road.

Thank you for the additional information on Louisbourg.

Now that we are further along in the season, and fruits are showing ripe
colour, I wonder if I could raise the topic of a source for Aronia
arbutifolia again.

Kristl Walek
Gardens North