[NatureNS] Re: Large dark bird at Dartmouth

From: Rick Ballard <ideaphore@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2010 22:25:25 -0300
To: Stuart Tingley <stubirdnb@gmail.com>
Cc: NatureNS <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>

--001485318cbb35004c048fdda050

Wow, yes. Looking at the wingspans for the Ibis versus the Frigatebird, and
the silhouette shown in Sibley I really have to go with the Magnificent
Frigatebird. The wingspan was definitely wider than the Ibis' 3 feet. It
looked like a pterodactyl it was so big. Plus the high circling soaring, I
watched it for almost 10 minutes.

--
Rick Ballard
Dartmouth,Nova Scotia, Canada

--001485318cbb35004c048fdda050

Wow, yes. Looking at the wingspans for the Ibis versus the Frigatebird, and=
 the silhouette shown in Sibley I really have to go with the Magnificent Fr=
igatebird. The wingspan was definitely wider than the Ibis&#39; 3 feet. It =
looked like a pterodactyl it was so big. Plus the high circling soaring, I =
watched it for almost 10 minutes.<br>

ley <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:stubirdnb@gmail.com">stubirdnb@=
=3D"margin: 0pt 0pt 0pt 0.8ex; border-left: 1px solid rgb(204, 204, 204); p=
adding-left: 1ex;">

you have mistaken the long forked tail for legs? One was photographed in th=
at area on Monday evening.</div>
uth,Nova Scotia, Canada <br><a href=3D"http://www.ideaphore.com">http://www=
.ideaphore.com</a><br>

--001485318cbb35004c048fdda050--