[NatureNS] Directions for Kingsburg Beach Please (was

Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2010 23:37:02 -0300
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
From: "P.L. Chalmers" <plchalmers@ns.sympatico.ca>

--=====================_669046==.ALT

Many thanks to all who responded, on and offline, with directions and
further details.  I had optimistically thought that I might make a
trip today, but reality set in on Saturday morning,  so I attended to
necessary errands instead.  However, I am sure that the information
was helpful to others.

I should also acknowledge the excellent general directions to the
Kingsburg area in Blake Maybank's book, Birding sites of Nova Scotia,
but more details about how to actually reach the beach were what I
needed , and what was so generously offered.

         Thanks for sharing.

         Patricia L. Chalmers
         Halifax

At 11:31 PM 10/09/2010, you wrote:
>         Would someone kindly share the details of the directions to
> this beach?  Hirtle's Beach I know as a public area, but my
> impression of Kingsburg was that it was a private enclave.
>
>         Thank you.
>
>         Patricia L. Chalmers
>         Halifax
>
>At 09:42 PM 10/09/2010, Tuma Young wrote:
>>After a bit of confusion over where to access the beach (a nice
>>lady at one of the houses at the end of Kingsburg road) informed us
>>where the public access spot was, on we went to the beach.
>
>At 04:42 PM 06/09/2010, Ian McLaren wrote:
>>Blake Maybank phoned to say that Hirtles Bch was crowded with
>>people,  fewer birds. He then checked nearby Kingsburg Bch
>>(theoretically  limited access) and found and photo'd a (the?) Snowy Plover.

--=====================_669046==.ALT

Many thanks to all who responded, on and offline, with directions and
further details.&nbsp; I had optimistically thought that I might make a
trip today, but reality set in on Saturday morning,&nbsp; so I attended
to necessary errands instead.&nbsp; However, I am sure that the
information was helpful to others.<br><br>
I should also acknowledge the excellent general directions to the
Kingsburg area in Blake Maybank's book,  <u>Birding sites of Nova
Scotia</u>, but more details about how to actually reach the beach were
what I needed , and what was so generously offered.<br><br>
<x-tab>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</x-tab>Thanks for
sharing.<br><br>
<x-tab>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</x-tab>Patricia
L. Chalmers<br>
<x-tab>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</x-tab>Halifax<br>
At 11:31 PM 10/09/2010, you wrote:<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Would someone kindly share the
details of the directions to this beach?&nbsp; Hirtle's Beach I know as a
public area, but my impression of Kingsburg was that it was a private
enclave.<br><br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Thank you.<br><br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Patricia L. Chalmers<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Halifax<br><br>
At 09:42 PM 10/09/2010, Tuma Young wrote:<br>
After a bit of confusion over where to access the beach (a nice lady at
one of the houses at the end of Kingsburg road) informed us where the
public access spot was, on we went to the beach.</blockquote><br>
At 04:42 PM 06/09/2010, Ian McLaren wrote:<br>
Blake Maybank phoned to say that Hirtles Bch was crowded with
people,&nbsp; fewer birds. He then checked nearby Kingsburg Bch
(theoretically&nbsp; limited access) and found and photo'd a (the?) Snowy