[NatureNS] Waterside PP birds Sept. 25, 2010

From: Ken McKenna <kenmcken@eastlink.ca>
To: NatureNS <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2010 16:13:00 -0300

--Boundary_(ID_FfEuCMq/Kwu2chSMmMtwWg)

Ken McKenna
Box 218 Stellarton NS
B0K 1S0
902 752-7644

Hi all
I tallied just over 40 species of birds at Waterside PP, Pictou Co., this morning Sept. 25 before it started to rain. Of note was a restless flock of
35 Killdeer,  2000 Bonaparte's Gulls,  1 adult Lesser Black-backed Gull,  25 Common Terns,  2 Northern Harrier, 1 Merlin, 40 Myrtle Warblers and 14 Great Blue Heron. There were not a lot of shorebirds, but in addition to the large flock of Killdeer were 1 Least Sandpiper, 1 Semipalmated Sandpiper, 10 Semipalmated Plover, 1 Black-belied Plover, 2 Greater Yellowlegs and 32 Sanderlings. I noted 50+  gray? seals, several peepers calling and a handful of the many Song Sparrows were singing. A single Red-eyed Vireo was singing as well.