[NatureNS] Spectacular Chickadee Migration

Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2010 15:13:04 -0300
From: Brian Dalzell <aythya@nb.sympatico.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Cc: John Kearney <john.kearney@ns.sympatico.ca>

  all flying west. The remaining 375 chickadees went pa
I noticed chickadees migrating from southeast to northwest at Lower Cove, Cumberland county, starting about 1230 this afternoon.  They came across a large clear-cut, flying from one isolated copse of trees to the next.  Saw ~75 birds in about half an hour, but had to leave at 1 pm.  I left Stuart Tingley in charge, so maybe he saw more later.  There were none between 0830-1230.