[NatureNS] puzzling tiny bird in White Point

From: Marg Millard <mmillard@eastlink.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Wed, 03 Nov 2010 11:19:03 -0300

 think it is a gnat catcher.  You are very lucky to have it in your yard!

Cheers, liz

Hi Liz, how are things going? Continual movement and colour are right as is
the beak.
I am a bit concerned as the tail as is not quite what I think I saw. It was
more stubby and I had an impression of very pale lace rather than edgy
feathers. The holding of the tail so perpendicular could be why it seemed so
short I suppose. It was similar to a wren the way it held its tail pumping
it about. It certainly could be the bird if it does that with its tail.
I haven't seen it in the past while. The Blue Jays and Grackles are back for
a bit so everything is waiting for them to leave. Male White Throat sparrows
arrived last evening. The winter feeding has begun I guess. Had better get
my seed in.
Marg in White Point
http://MargMillard.ca