[NatureNS] Southern Flying Squirrel

Date: Wed, 03 Nov 2010 11:58:34 -0400
From: "Frederick W. Schueler" <bckcdb@istar.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

&lt;DIV&gt;&lt;FONT size=2 face=Arial&gt;H
Hans Toom wrote:
> I ruled out the *Northern Flying Squirrel* because of its weight and
> length. The weight range of 2-4.4 ounces is likely at the heavier end at
> this time of year and since it is heavier than a blue jay it would have
> closed the feeder door.

* the next technological development in feeders will be fans to blow the
chaff off the remaining seeds. If you had one of those, you could turn
it on and see the colour of the under-fur of the Squirrel.

fred.

--
          Frederick W. Schueler & Aleta Karstad
Thirty Years Later Expedition -