[NatureNS] Lone swallow..

From: Marg Millard <mmillard@eastlink.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2010 17:38:04 -0400

Yes Marg it did fly a bit different in style and during my observations,
going from just above the ground then suddenly up, way up. I spent an hour
going through numerous sites looking for a match. The European Swallow, a
variety of Barn Swallow was the closest match. Of course nothing is 100%.
Dave
Brier Island

Hi Dave, could it be the same bird do you think?  I've seen very hungry
swallows a number years back now, maybe after Rita(?) they were exhausted,
shoot up to catch food and then came down very quickly. This was different
again. I wondered if this bird was weak but it did move about a lot still.
So much so I couldn't swear it was a swallow so I didn't report it as such.
I apologize for the spelling errors. I hate reading my posts and finding
spelling mistakes. Spell checker does create as many problems as it solves
sometimes.
Marg

http://MargMillard.ca