[NatureNS] Fw: Northern Mockingbird and Orange-crowned Warblers

From: Hans Toom <htoom@hfx.eastlink.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2010 18:33:56 -0400

--Boundary_(ID_RRA6ooJ2HbIhhliailEaNg)

----- Original Message -----
From: Hans Toom
To: ns-rba@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Sunday, November 28, 2010 6:33 PM
Subject: Northern Mockingbird and Orange-crowned Warblers

I took a run out to 50 Waterfront Drive in Bedford this morning to check out Rosemary Gallinger's report of a Yellow-throated Warbler but no luck.  I then took a stroll down the railroad line to see if the bird had moved into the brambles along this route.  Right behind 50 Waterfront Drive on the west side of the tracks in the brambles sat the Northern Mockingbird.

I took a circuitous route by way of Sullivan's Pond to Point Pleasant Park.  There were two Orange-crowned Warblers in the pines by the eastern parking lot, although it was difficult to determine the exact number as they were constantly moving back and forth.

Patricia Chalmers and Jean Hartley reported finding no Purple Sandpipers along the shoreline from Black Rock Beach to the Anchor Memorial, but the tide was not favorable.

Hans Toom
Portuguese Cove, Nova Scotia, Canada
http://www.hanstoom.com/

--Boundary_(ID_RRA6ooJ2HbIhhliailEaNg)

<HTML><HEAD>
<META name=GENERATOR content="MSHTML 8.00.6001.18975">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=#ffffff>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV style="FONT: 10pt arial">----- Original Message -----
<DIV style="BACKGROUND: #e4e4e4; font-color: black"><B>From:</B> <A
title=htoom@hfx.eastlink.ca href="mailto:htoom@hfx.eastlink.ca">Hans Toom</A>
</DIV>
<DIV><B>To:</B> <A title=ns-rba@yahoogroups.com
href="mailto:ns-rba@yahoogroups.com">ns-rba@yahoogroups.com</A> </DIV>
<DIV><B>Sent:</B> Sunday, November 28, 2010 6:33 PM</DIV>
<DIV><B>Subject:</B> Northern Mockingbird and Orange-crowned
Warblers</DIV></DIV>
<DIV><BR></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial>I took a run out to 50 Waterfront Drive in Bedford
this morning to&nbsp;check out Rosemary Gallinger's report of a<STRONG>
Yellow-throated Warbler</STRONG> but no luck.&nbsp; I then took a stroll down
the railroad line to see if the bird had moved into the brambles along this
route.&nbsp; Right behind 50 Waterfront Drive on the west side of the tracks in
the brambles sat the <STRONG>Northern Mockingbird</STRONG>.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial>I took a circuitous route by way of Sullivan's Pond
to Point Pleasant Park.&nbsp; There were two <STRONG>Orange-crowned
Warblers</STRONG> in the pines by the eastern parking lot, although it was
difficult to determine the exact number as they were constantly moving back and
forth.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2><FONT face=Arial>Patricia Chalmers and <FONT size=3>Jean
Hartley reported finding no <STRONG>Purple Sandpipers</STRONG> along the
shoreline from Black Rock Beach to the Anchor Memorial, but the tide was not
favorable.</FONT></FONT></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial>Hans Toom<BR>Portuguese Cove, Nova Scotia,
Canada<BR><A
href="http://www.hanstoom.com/">http://www.hanstoom.com/</A></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

--Boundary_(ID_RRA6ooJ2HbIhhliailEaNg)--