[NatureNS] Pine Siskins have arrived in White's Lake

Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2010 21:30:03 -0400
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
From: "P.L. Chalmers" <plchalmers@ns.sympatico.ca>

         Are there other reports of an influx of Pine Siskins?  I saw
my first in six months on the 19 November, when I saw 2 at Susann
Myers' feeder in central Halifax.  Jean Hartley had 16 at her feeders
in Rockingham on the 23 November, again the first she had seen in a
long time.  These are all reports from feeders, though.  I have been
struck by the absence of any finches on my recent walks in parks and woodlands.

         Cheers,

         Patricia L. Chalmers
         Halifax