[NatureNS] Merritt Gibson

From: Richard Stern <sternrichard@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2010 14:11:22 -0400
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

--0016363ba39ee1c33504974ea2a1

He has been a major figure in the natural history community in King's Co. H=
has written many excellent books, and was instrumental in many ways in
keeping the Blomidon Naturalists Soc. going. When I first came to the Valle=
he used to regularly host the pot-luck and count at the end of the Wolfvill=
CBC.I last saw him on Sat. afternoon, when he came down the road looking fo=
the Summer tanager in Canning. He used to occasionally wander into my offic=
too, usually with a request for some bird-related anecdote. I know that ove=
many years he made a huge contribution to the Biology Dept. at Acadia.  He
will indeed be hugely missed.

Richard

On Mon, Dec 13, 2010 at 1:33 PM, Andrew Steeves <andrew@gaspereau.com>wrote=
:

>  Merritt Gibson died peacefully at home yesterday, more or less out of th=
> blue it seems. I don't know any details yet about the plans for the funer=
al
> or visitation, but I'm sure the family will provide these in due time. I
> feel honoured to have shared a little in Merritt's life, and I'll miss hi=
> wandering into my office from time to time with a story.
>
> Andrew Steeves
>
> *
>
> GASPEREAU PRESS =B6 Printers & Publishers
> 47 Church Avenue, Kentville, Nova Scotia  B4N 2M7
> TEL: 902 678 6002   www.gaspereau.com

--=20
#################
Dr.R.B.Stern,
P.O. Box 300,
Port Williams,
N.S., Canada,
B0P 1T0

Richard Stern,
317 Middle Dyke Rd.
Port Williams, NS, Canada
B0P 1T0

sternrichard@gmail.com
###################

--0016363ba39ee1c33504974ea2a1

9;s Co. He has written many excellent books, and was instrumental in many w=
ays in keeping the Blomidon Naturalists Soc. going. When I first came to th=
e Valley he used to regularly host the pot-luck and count at the end of the=
 Wolfville CBC.I last saw him on Sat. afternoon, when he came down the road=
 looking for the Summer tanager in Canning. He used to occasionally wander =
into my office too, usually with a request for some bird-related anecdote.=
=A0I know that over many years he made a huge contribution to the Biology D=
ept. at Acadia. =A0He will indeed be hugely missed.</div>

px 0px 0.8ex; BORDER-LEFT: #ccc 1px solid">
me yesterday, more or less out of the blue it seems. I=A0don&#39;t know=A0a=
ny details yet about the plans for=A0the funeral or visitation, but I&#39;m=
 sure the family will=A0provide these=A0in due time. I feel honoured to hav=
e shared a little in=A0Merritt&#39;s life, and I&#39;ll miss his wandering =
into my office from time to time with a story.</font></div>

tville, Nova Scotia=A0 B4N 2M7<br>TEL: 902 678 6002=A0=A0 <a href=3D"http:/=

0P 1T0<br>