[NatureNS] 18 Killdeer

Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2010 16:01:46 -0400
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
From: "P.L. Chalmers" <plchalmers@ns.sympatico.ca>

--=====================_4704000==.ALT

         Observers in Newfoundland have also found several Killdeer
this week, sometimes consorting with Northern Lapwings.  The latter
flew west across the Atlantic, to escape the frigid winter conditions
in the British Isles and northern Europe; presumably the Killdeer
have flown east for the same reason?

         Patricia L. Chalmers
         Halifax

At 11:12 AM 16/12/2010, Hans Toom wrote:

> [...]

--=====================_4704000==.ALT

<x-tab>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</x-tab>Observers
in Newfoundland have also found several Killdeer this week, sometimes
consorting with Northern Lapwings.&nbsp; The latter flew west across the
Atlantic, to escape the frigid winter conditions in the British Isles and
northern Europe; presumably the Killdeer have flown east for the same
reason?<br><br>
<x-tab>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</x-tab>Patricia
L. Chalmers<br>
<x-tab>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</x-tab>Halifax<br>
----- Original Message ----- <br>
<b>To:</b>
ns-rba@yahoogroups.com <br>
Mackerel Cove's Beach, 6 at the cobbly beach and 2 at the second beach,
all in Crystal Crescent Beach Provincial Park.&nbsp; I found 2 more at
Sandy Cove's beach and another 2 near the grass at the dock, Ketch
Harbour.<br>
<b>Killdeer</b> but what else might be traveling with them, and of
course, where they came from.<br>
Portuguese Cove, Nova Scotia, Canada<br>
http://www.hanstoom.com/</font>