[NatureNS] White -fronted Goose- East R. of Pictou

From: Ken McKenna <kenmcken@eastlink.ca>
To: NS-RBA <NS-RBA@yahoogroups.com>, NatureNS <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2010 20:01:35 -0400

--Boundary_(ID_dYHTSsZtsTu6HIeDp3qq/Q)

Ken McKenna
Box 218 Stellarton NS
B0K 1S0
902 752-7644

Hi all
Yesterday, Dec. 18,  on the Springville CBC I observed a smallish "European flavoured" goose with an all orangish bill fly into a cove in front of me
with a group of Canada Geese. My first thought was Graylag Goose and I made a trek back to my car for scope and camera and managed to secure a couple of shots before I thought I should resume my CBC count. Later that evening when I down-loaded the photos, I had reservations on Greylag and sent
photos to Eric and Ian for their thoughts. Both seem to think juvenile White-fronted Goose. A very good find for the Springville count.
Steve and Amber Vines re-found the bird in the same location today. The goose is in a cove near the railway crossing over the East River
of Pictou between the Lourdes area of Stellarton and the Pioneer trail in New Glasgow near Ballentynes Fuel.
I also discovered 2 Pine Warblers yesterday behind the Needs gas bar on the new rotary at exit 25 in the shrubbery arond the pond behind
the gas bar.
cheers
ken
PS Steve also had a Pine Warbler in Westville on Sat.

--Boundary_(ID_dYHTSsZtsTu6HIeDp3qq/Q)

<HTML><HEAD>
<META name=GENERATOR content="MSHTML 8.00.6001.18999">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial>Ken McKenna<BR>Box 218 Stellarton NS<BR>B0K
1S0<BR>902 752-7644<BR></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial>Hi all</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial>Yesterday, Dec. 18, &nbsp;on the Springville CBC I
observed a smallish "European flavoured" goose with an all orangish bill fly
into a cove in front of me </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial><FONT size=2>with a group of Canada Geese. My first
thought was&nbsp;Graylag Goose and I made a trek back to my car for scope and
camera and managed to secure a couple of shots before I thought I should resume
my CBC count. Later that evening when I down-loaded the photos, I had
reservations on Greylag and sent</FONT></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial><FONT size=2>photos to Eric and Ian for their
thoughts.&nbsp;Both seem to think juvenile&nbsp;White-fronted Goose. A very good
find for the Springville count.&nbsp;</FONT></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial><FONT size=2>Steve&nbsp;and Amber Vines re-found the bird
in the same location today. The goose is in a cove near the railway crossing
over the East River</FONT></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial><FONT size=2>of Pictou between the Lourdes area of
Stellarton and the Pioneer trail in New Glasgow near Ballentynes Fuel.
</FONT></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial><FONT size=2>I also discovered 2 Pine Warblers yesterday
behind the Needs gas bar on the new rotary at exit 25 in the shrubbery arond the
pond behind</FONT></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial><FONT size=2>the gas bar. </FONT></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial><FONT size=2>cheers</FONT></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial><FONT size=2>ken</FONT></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial><FONT size=2>PS Steve also had a Pine Warbler in Westville
on Sat. </FONT></DIV></FONT></BODY></HTML>

--Boundary_(ID_dYHTSsZtsTu6HIeDp3qq/Q)--