[NatureNS] Fw: Killdeer(3), Eurasian Wigeon(4) and Yellow-throated Warbler

From: Hans Toom <htoom@hfx.eastlink.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2010 13:14:12 -0400

--Boundary_(ID_ifAyQlY8IFM7yxvgtMOCyQ)

----- Original Message -----
From: Hans Toom
To: ns-rba@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Monday, December 20, 2010 1:13 PM
Subject: Killdeer(3), Eurasian Wigeon(4) and Yellow-throated Warbler

Late yesterday morning Laura and I took a walk at Crystal Crescent Beach Provincial Park to Mackerel Cove and return, quite the exhausting experience with winter boots, icers and several layers of clothing.  There were two Killdeer at Mackerel Cove's beach and one at the second beach, opposite the second parking lot.

A run out to the St. Mary's Boat Club this morning was rewarded with the reported Yellow-throated Warbler easily found in the pines by the fence line, just before the condominiums, or opposite the second last house with the suet feeder.

I stopped off at Sullivan's Pond on my return home and found two pairs of  Eurasian Wigeon, an annual regular in this place.  Don't leave your car door open here or a large yellow cat will jump in and it won't leave.  Apparently this naughty cat has been killing ducks in the area.

Hans Toom
Portuguese Cove, Nova Scotia, Canada
http://www.hanstoom.com/

--Boundary_(ID_ifAyQlY8IFM7yxvgtMOCyQ)

<HTML><HEAD>
<META name=GENERATOR content="MSHTML 8.00.6001.18999">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=#ffffff>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV style="FONT: 10pt arial">----- Original Message -----
<DIV style="BACKGROUND: #e4e4e4; font-color: black"><B>From:</B> <A
title=htoom@hfx.eastlink.ca href="mailto:htoom@hfx.eastlink.ca">Hans Toom</A>
</DIV>
<DIV><B>To:</B> <A title=ns-rba@yahoogroups.com
href="mailto:ns-rba@yahoogroups.com">ns-rba@yahoogroups.com</A> </DIV>
<DIV><B>Sent:</B> Monday, December 20, 2010 1:13 PM</DIV>
<DIV><B>Subject:</B> Killdeer(3), Eurasian Wigeon(4) and Yellow-throated
Warbler</DIV></DIV>
<DIV><BR></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial>Late yesterday morning Laura and I took a walk at
Crystal Crescent Beach Provincial Park to Mackerel Cove and return, quite the
exhausting experience with winter boots, icers and several layers of
clothing.&nbsp; There were two <STRONG>Killdeer</STRONG> at Mackerel Cove's
beach and one at the second beach, opposite the second parking lot.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial>A run out to the St. Mary's Boat Club this morning
was rewarded with the reported <STRONG>Yellow-throated Warbler</STRONG> easily
found in the pines by the fence line, just before the condominiums, or opposite
the second last house with the suet feeder.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial>I stopped off at Sullivan's Pond on my return home
and found two pairs of<STRONG>&nbsp; Eurasian Wigeon</STRONG>, an annual regular
in this place.&nbsp; Don't leave your car door open here or a large yellow cat
will jump in and it won't leave.&nbsp; Apparently this naughty cat has been
killing ducks in the area.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial>Hans Toom<BR>Portuguese Cove, Nova Scotia,
Canada<BR><A
href="http://www.hanstoom.com/">http://www.hanstoom.com/</A></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

--Boundary_(ID_ifAyQlY8IFM7yxvgtMOCyQ)--