[NatureNS] Savannah sparrows

From: Richard Stern <sternrichard@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2010 21:32:40 -0400
To: NatureNS <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>

--0016e65b535a5b551a0498aac8d1

Hi,

I took a brief trip around the roads in Port Wlliams, then across the
Wellington Dyke Rd. to canning at lunchtime today. There were Savannah
sparrows everywhere, including several that were close enough to get good
photos, outside my office in Port Williams. We also got 3 in one location
yesterday on the W.Hants CBC. Some still had quite yellow lores, but many
seemed overall darker than the usual ones we see in Summer. ? a more
northerly race? George Forsythe mentioned a Ring-necked duck at the Port
Williams sewage plant, which was present, but I couldn't find the Gadwall he
had seen there.

Richard

--
#################
Richard Stern,

sternrichard@gmail.com
###################

--0016e65b535a5b551a0498aac8d1

, then across the Wellington Dyke Rd. to canning at lunchtime today. There =
were Savannah sparrows everywhere, including several that were close enough=
 to get good photos, outside my office in Port Williams. We also got 3 in o=
ne location yesterday on the W.Hants CBC. Some still had quite yellow lores=
, but many seemed overall darker than the usual ones we see in Summer. ? a =
more northerly race? George Forsythe mentioned a Ring-necked duck at the Po=
rt Williams sewage plant, which was present, but I couldn&#39;t find the Ga=
dwall he had seen there.</div>

P 1T0<br><br><a href=3D"mailto:sternrichard@gmail.com">sternrichard@gmail.c=
om</a><br>

--0016e65b535a5b551a0498aac8d1--