[NatureNS] Xmas bird counts and Stephen Harper's non-census

From: Christopher Majka <c.majka@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2011 11:25:29 -0400

I was interested to read the following letter to the editor in the
Halifax Chronicle Herald, 2 January, 2011:

"It was interesting to read the recent article about compiling data on
birds by dedicated bird watchers regarding species, habitat, range,
numbers, health, etc. Thanks to Stephen Harper's non-census, we will
know more about birds than about people in Canada." - Dennis E. Parry,
Yarmouth, Nova Scotia

Soon dedicated naturalists may have to organize to do Christmas people
counts ....

Best wishes for the New Year,

Christopher Majka