[NS-RBA] RE: [NatureNS] Northern Lapwing - History all but

Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2011 11:39:03 -0400
From: iamclar@Dal.Ca
To: "Wayne P. Neily" <neilyornis@hotmail.com>
Cc: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca, ns-rba@yahoogroups.com

James and all:

  Wayne's listing of previous N. Lapwing records is exhaustive and I
believe correct, except that TWO birds on 20 Jan. '66 were were
reported by George Spencer, and Eric Mills informs me that he an Blake
Maybank last saw the one near Yarmouth on 17 Apr. in 1988. [Also, the
Missaquash bird in 1991 had been seen on the NB side from 5 May]

In the not-so-good old days, such exciting birds were rarely reported
except by word of mouth and sometimes rumour. It's good to see the
rapid spread of news these days, but at least gas was ca. 50 cents per
gallon then.

Cheers, Ian