[NatureNS] unusual experience

From: "Judy Tufts" <tandove@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: "NatureNS" <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2011 17:49:53 -0400

I had an unusual, if a little unnerving, experience yesterday.  I was
working on a jigsaw puzzle in my dining room on a table right next to glass
patio sliding doors (to the back garden and bird feeder area)  when I
suddenly heard this tremendous crashing sound next to me and thought the
windows were going to crash inwards.   Instinctively I looked up in time to
see a Sharp-shinned Hawk had crashed into the window with such force that I
had jumped from my seat to get out of the way! Expecting to see a hawk body
fall to the ground, I was surprised to see the hawk shake itself quickly
before backtracking and retreating back into the woods. It must have been in
hot pursuit of something when it crashed into the window.

Cheers,

Judy Tufts

  Judy Tufts

 Wolfville NS