[NatureNS] birds hitting windows

Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2011 21:11:25 -0400
From: Jeff Hiltz <4x4play@gmail.com>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

--90e6ba6e8a0e3831d1049aa1656a

Great tip!

I've already rescued a few Redpolls this winter from window collisions, poor
little guys, I go out and put them in a cardboard box and bring them inside
for a half hour or so, then take it out and soon as I open the lid they fly
off. We even had a Sharp-shinned Hawk hit the living room window yesterday
but he flew up to a near by tree and sat there for a while he got his wits
about him, I'm guessing he chased his prey right into the window.

Cheers!
Jeff in Springhill

On Mon, Jan 24, 2011 at 7:30 PM, win&Ina <win@eastlink.ca> wrote:

>  Some time ago, i read or heard that if you use decals or other things on
> glass to prevent bird hits, they work better if you put them on the outside
> of the windows.  We have tried it and it does cut down on the number of
> window hits.
>
> W. Kettleson Truro

--90e6ba6e8a0e3831d1049aa1656a

is winter from window collisions, poor little guys, I go out and put them i=
n a cardboard box and bring them inside for a half hour or so, then take it=
 out and soon as I open the lid they fly off. We even had a Sharp-shinned H=
awk hit the living room window yesterday but he flew up to a near by tree a=
nd sat there for a while he got his wits about him, I&#39;m guessing he cha=
sed his prey right into the window.</div>
 2011 at 7:30 PM, win&amp;Ina <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:win@e=
x #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex;">

 you use=20
decals or other things on glass to prevent bird hits, they work better if y=
ou=20
put them on the outside of the windows.=A0 We have tried it and it does cut=
=20
down on the number of window hits.</font></div>

--90e6ba6e8a0e3831d1049aa1656a--