[NatureNS] Another harbinger of spring, perhaps

Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2011 22:43:39 -0400
From: Lois Codling <loiscodling@hfx.eastlink.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

--Boundary_(ID_UxjX+g5e39ugJWZkuuIbew)

Yes, I too have been hearing Song Sparrows singing bits and pieces of
their spring songs for a good two weeks now.  And in early afternoons on
sunny days it gets pretty close to a full song.  Nice to think about
when in the middle of a winter snowstorm!

Still have one female Red-winged Blackbird left from the flock that was
here a few days ago.

Lois Codling
L. Sackville

On 01/02/2011 8:25 PM, Kathleen MacAulay wrote:
> For the last two weeks, I've been enjoying the quiet but beautiful
> whisper songs of a song sparrow on Skylark Street near MSVU. This
> morning I was surprised to hear him in full song, with at least five
> distinct variations. I think this is the earliest I've ever heard
> singing from a song sparrow. It certainly wasn't due to warm weather!
>
> Also, as of Friday, the cardinal was still present in Waverley, along
> with a hooded merganser and mallards and black ducks at Three Mile Lake.
>
> Kathleen MacAulay
> Milford Station

--Boundary_(ID_UxjX+g5e39ugJWZkuuIbew)

  <head>
      http-equiv="Content-Type">
  </head>
    Yes, I too have been hearing Song Sparrows singing bits and pieces
    of their spring songs for a good two weeks now.&nbsp; And in early
    afternoons on sunny days it gets pretty close to a full song.&nbsp; Nice
    to think about when in the middle of a winter snowstorm!<br>
    Still have one female Red-winged Blackbird left from the flock that
    was here a few days ago.<br>
    Lois Codling<br>
    L. Sackville<br>
        10pt;">For the last two weeks, I've been enjoying the quiet but
        beautiful whisper songs of a song sparrow on Skylark Street near
        MSVU. This morning I was surprised to hear him in full song,
        with at least five distinct variations. I think this is the
        earliest I've ever heard singing from a song sparrow. It
        certainly wasn't due to warm weather!<br>
        Also, as of Friday, the cardinal was still present in Waverley,
        along with a hooded merganser and mallards and black ducks at
        Three Mile Lake.<br>
        Kathleen MacAulay<br>
        Milford Station<br>
      <hr noshade="noshade" size="1">
        this message.<br>
        Checked by AVG - <a moz-do-not-send="true"
          href="http://www.avg.com">www.avg.com</a><br>
        02/01/11</p>

--Boundary_(ID_UxjX+g5e39ugJWZkuuIbew)--