[NatureNS] Grand Pre Sandhill crane etc.

From: Richard Stern <sternrichard@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2011 14:49:43 -0400
To: NatureNS <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>, NS-RBA <NS-RBA@yahoogroups.com>

--90e6ba6e8d2a9d0441049b7959e9

Hi,

At lunchtime today I scooted down to Grand Pre to look for the Sandhill
crane. I couldn't find it at first, but did see a nice close flock of ~30
Horned larks and 2 Lapland longspurs that posed obligingly for photos. So I
left, but decided to swing back for another look - and met Andy Dean, who
had just seen the crane fly in from across the road somewhere. So there it
was - a bit far but I got some "record shots". As I watched, it walked quite
a long way towards the main road across the dyke, feeding all the while. The
usual Red-tails were present.

Richard

--
#################
Richard Stern,

sternrichard@gmail.com
###################

--90e6ba6e8d2a9d0441049b7959e9

Hi,<br><br>At lunchtime today I scooted down to Grand Pre to look for the S=
andhill crane. I couldn&#39;t find it at first, but did see a nice close fl=
ock of ~30 Horned larks and 2 Lapland longspurs that posed obligingly for p=
hotos. So I left, but decided to swing back for another look - and met Andy=
 Dean, who had just seen the crane fly in from across the road somewhere. S=
o there it was - a bit far but I got some &quot;record shots&quot;. As I wa=
tched, it walked quite a long way towards the main road across the dyke, fe=
eding all the while. The usual Red-tails were present.<br>

href=3D"mailto:sternrichard@gmail.com">sternrichard@gmail.com</a><br>######=

--90e6ba6e8d2a9d0441049b7959e9--