[NatureNS] Re: white-winged crossbill

From: Marg Millard <mmillard@eastlink.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Sat, 05 Feb 2011 09:40:46 -0400

--Boundary_(ID_HZnHd1V8lL7giDx6jxzbDg)

Also had some show up at my grapevine yesterday and Thursday. Multi coloured ones, Juveniles perhaps? But definitely white Wingeds.
Still have three American tree sparrows, a couple song sparrows and a few White Throats. Two grackles a blue Jay or two, about a dozen woodpeckers including Downy, Hairy and a Northern Flicker.
No American Goldfinches, no Juncos, no Pine Siskins.A few Chickadees, those numbers are unusually low for us.  Heard an owl (?) close by last night and I believe it called a reply.
Many, many Starlings!
Marg Millard, White Point, Queens
http://MargMillard.ca

--Boundary_(ID_HZnHd1V8lL7giDx6jxzbDg)

<HTML><HEAD>
<META name=GENERATOR content="MSHTML 8.00.6001.18999">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial>Also had some show up at my grapevine yesterday and
Thursday. Multi coloured ones, Juveniles perhaps? But definitely white
Wingeds.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial>Still have three American tree sparrows, a couple
song sparrows and a few White Throats. Two grackles a blue Jay or two, about a
dozen woodpeckers including Downy, Hairy and a Northern Flicker.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial>No American Goldfinches, no Juncos, no Pine
Siskins.A few Chickadees, those numbers are unusually low for us.&nbsp; Heard an
owl (?) close by last night and I believe it called a reply. </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial><FONT size=2>Many, many Starlings!</FONT></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial>Marg Millard, White Point, Queens</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial><A href="http://MargMillard.ca"><FONT
size=2>http://MargMillard.ca</FONT></A></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

--Boundary_(ID_HZnHd1V8lL7giDx6jxzbDg)--