[NatureNS] Eastern Cougar

From: Randy Lauff <randy.lauff@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2011 12:40:17 -0400
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

--20cf3054a70ffe24c8049bdc1f1f

Aren't cat scats normally covered by cats? If so, I suspect finding one
would be difficult.

Randy
_________________________________
RF Lauff
Way in the boonies of
Antigonish County, NS.

On 9 February 2011 11:47, Gayle MacLean <duartess2003@yahoo.ca> wrote:

> Angela, regarding your question if anyone else in their neighbourhood has
> seen these cats, the answer I got this morning from my daughter-in-law is
> no. In fact nobody has reported any missing or injured animals. And nobody
> seems the least bit concerned (maybe that's a good thing too) Who needs a
> situation of hysteria or calling the newspapers, etc. We know their criteria
> for reporting; "If it bleeds, it reads".
> Now both my grandchildren said they saw one of them last night when their
> own cat was outside. What brought it to their attention was their cat was
> hanging on frantically to their outside screen door and, in fact, the cat
> had 'evacuated its bowels'. The long dark cat with a thick long tail (their
> description) went around back of their van & disappeared.
> As for checking scat, I doubt very much if they would really know what it
> might look like & with the drifting snow & all. But I'll just mention to
> them to keep an eye out.
> My daughter-in-law did inform DNR this morning anyway of this latest
> sighting. They said they would leave the message for the official who had
> gone out on Monday.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Gayle MacLean
> Dartmouth

Aren&#39;t cat scats normally covered by cats? If so, I suspect finding one=
unty, NS.<br>

=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex;">

gn=3D"top" style=3D"font:inherit"><div>Angela, regarding your question if a=
nyone else in their neighbourhood has seen these cats, the answer I got thi=
s morning from my daughter-in-law is no. In fact nobody has reported any mi=
ssing or injured animals. And nobody seems the least bit concerned (maybe t=
hat&#39;s a good thing too) Who needs a situation of hysteria or calling th=
e newspapers, etc. We know their criteria for reporting; &quot;If it bleeds=
, it reads&quot;.</div>

eir own cat was outside. What brought it to their attention was their cat w=
as hanging on frantically to their outside screen door and, in fact, the ca=
t had &#39;evacuated its bowels&#39;. The long dark cat with a thick long t=
ail (their description) went around back of their van &amp; disappeared. </=
div>

 it might look like &amp; with the drifting snow &amp; all. But I&#39;ll ju=
st mention to them to keep an eye out.</div>
ighting. They said they would leave the message for the official who had go=
ne out on Monday.</div>