[NatureNS] Birds of interest today.

From: James Hirtle <jrhbirder@hotmail.com>
To: Naturens Naturens <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2011 17:24:44 +0000

--_a0ae755c-eab3-4249-a5bb-7b5044f8a393_

The American Coot at Stevermans Lake in Lilydale originally found by Kevin =
Lantz about a month ago was still present today.  Also in Lilydale was a ma=
le and female northern cardinal.  Another northern cardinal female was at t=
he bottom of Dufferin Street=2C Lunenburg not far from the Knot Pub. =20
=20
The Lark Sparrow was present again today behind Sleepy Hollow Apartments bu=
ilding 290 along Dufferin Street.
=20
At Back Harbour Lunenburg near the park were 31 red-breasted mergansers and=
 31 common goldeneyes.
=20
At Back Oler Farm Marsh in Garden Lots there was an American Wigeon.  Not a=
 common duck for this neck of the woods.
=20
Also at Back Oler/Front Oler Farm Marsh in Garden Lots were 72 American Bla=
ck Ducks=2C 31 mallards=2C 37 Hooded Mergansers=2C 36 Common Mergansers=2C =
and 8 red-breasted mergansers. =20
=20
At Bayport=2C but actually across the bay on the back side of Feltzen South=
 were 90 Canada geese and the scaup flock as far as I can tell is over 400 =
now.  Due to the distance I would say all greater scaup.  They were too far=
 away to determine how many might have been lessers. =20
=20
James R. Hirtle
Bayport 		 	   		  =

--_a0ae755c-eab3-4249-a5bb-7b5044f8a393_

<head>
.hmmessage P
{
margin:0px=3B
padding:0px
}
body.hmmessage
{
font-size: 10pt=3B
font-family:Tahoma
}
--></style>
</head>
The American Coot at Stevermans Lake in Lilydale originally found by Kevin =
Lantz about a month ago was still present today.&nbsp=3B Also in Lilydale w=
as a male and female northern cardinal.&nbsp=3B Another northern cardinal f=
emale was at the bottom of Dufferin Street=2C Lunenburg not far from the Kn=
ot Pub.&nbsp=3B <BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
The Lark Sparrow was present again today behind Sleepy Hollow Apartments bu=
ilding 290 along Dufferin Street.<BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
At Back Harbour Lunenburg near the park were 31 red-breasted mergansers and=
 31 common goldeneyes.<BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
At Back Oler Farm Marsh in Garden Lots there was an American Wigeon.&nbsp=
=3B Not a common duck for this neck of the woods.<BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
Also at Back Oler/Front Oler Farm Marsh in Garden Lots were 72 American Bla=
ck Ducks=2C 31 mallards=2C 37 Hooded Mergansers=2C&nbsp=3B36 Common Mergans=
ers=2C and 8 red-breasted mergansers.&nbsp=3B <BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
At Bayport=2C but actually across the bay on the back side of Feltzen South=
 were 90 Canada geese and the scaup flock as far as I can tell is over 400 =
now.&nbsp=3B Due to the distance I would say all greater scaup.&nbsp=3B The=
y were too far away to determine how many might have been lessers.&nbsp=3B =
<BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
James R. Hirtle<BR>
Bayport<BR> 		 	   		  </body>

--_a0ae755c-eab3-4249-a5bb-7b5044f8a393_--