[NatureNS] Backyard bird count?

Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2011 16:52:28 -0500
From: "Frederick W. Schueler" <bckcdb@istar.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
CC: "Wayne P. Neily" <neilyornis@hotmail.com>,

On 2/20/2011 4:35 PM, Wayne P. Neily wrote:

> when we enter a name, we get the "There is no record of that locale in
> our database", and we are required to enter a postal code or location
> that, as David notes, may be as much as 50km away.

* that's as bad as facebook (where they at least have the excuse, for
insisting that everyone live in a "city," that they want to foist
advertisers from a nearby urban centre onto you). With modern on-line or
GPS georeferencing, you'd think the Backyard bird count would want every
feeder located to the nearest 20m.

fred.
          Frederick W. Schueler & Aleta Karstad
now in the field on the Thirty Years Later Expedition -
http://fragileinheritance.org/projects/thirty/thirtyintro.htm