[NatureNS] White Point birds

From: Marg Millard <mmillard@eastlink.ca>
To: naturens <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2011 11:51:46 -0300

The birds were/are moving through last night and today. It is so exciting!!
After nearly being ignored for so long we have several large groups of
juvenile  redwinged blackbirds travelling with about 20 or more Grackles,
and in a separate group of 13 Grackles (greeny tinged) and with them are
Male Redwinged blackbirds about 15, I think. There were two birds I think
were brown headed cowbirds but something put them up so quickly I can't be
100% sure.
Yesterday at dusk we had robins everywhere. The robin we fed through two
winters is back. There are song sparrows, white throats and a few I am
unsure of and about 20 juncos, mostly dark males. Many chickadees as well
but the groups are moving about so numbers are hard to pin down  and repeats
are possible. Even in the snow the song is heartwarming!!
Marg Millard, White Point, Queens
http://MargMillard.ca