[NatureNS] Re: Please come to my rescue

Date: Fri, 08 Apr 2011 18:23:40 -0300
From: Lois Codling <loiscodling@hfx.eastlink.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

--Boundary_(ID_bKPiwfD8VVNwF/O716gteg)

If anyone has any doubts that this is a scam, there was an email from
Gayle on NatureNS yesterday a.m., when she reported looking for the
snapping turtle in Dartmouth.  She is not stranded in England!

Lois Codling

On 08/04/2011 1:21 PM, Ulli wrote:
> Before people get all concerned.
> In case someone hasn't figured it out or seen it before: This is the
> latest fashion of pishing emails.
> Not sure how they harvest email addresses of the recipients and
> identities of the "person in distress".
> If one responds to this request the next message will ask for a money
> transfer via Western Union.
>
> Ulli
>
> P.S.  Gayle has done nothing wrong, likely another users computer
> somewhere in the world had been hacked or virused and the information
> came from this machines email addressbook.
>

> On 8-Apr-11, at 12:38 PM, Gayle MacLean wrote:
>
>> How are you doing? I hope this email reaches you on time, I had a
>> trip to the United Kingdom but unfortunately for me I lost my bag at
>> the airport, I only got to realize this on my way to the hotel where
>> I lodged and this has caused me so much thereby making me stranded.
>>      Presently my things are held down by the hotel management due to
>> my inability to pay the hotel bills which I currently owe, they even
>> had to restrict my access to the hotel facilities until outstanding
>> bills are cleared and I don't have a dime on me anymore, I had to
>> walk down to the city library in order to send you this email.
>>     I need you to kindly assist me with the loan of (2,750 pounds) so
>> I can settle the hotel bills and make arrangement to return back
>> home, please let me know how much you can assist me with soonest. I'm
>> urging you to let this be between us because I'm so ashamed about the
>> whole thing.
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> Gayle

--Boundary_(ID_bKPiwfD8VVNwF/O716gteg)

  <head>
      http-equiv="Content-Type">
  </head>
    If anyone has any doubts that this is a scam, there was an email
    from Gayle on NatureNS yesterday a.m., when she reported looking for
    the snapping turtle in Dartmouth.&nbsp; She is not stranded in England!<br>
    Lois Codling<br>