[NatureNS] Bedford Spring Arrivals

From: Rosemary G <mountainchickadee@hotmail.com>
To: NatureNS <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2011 09:55:04 -0500

--_af14eca7-2ef1-4aa2-97b2-b2353ec496d7_

Up until yesterday, the only spring arrivals I had found in Bedford were Am=
erican Robins, Double-crested Cormorants and a lone White-throated Sparrow =
that had moved into the yard.  This morning things looked more promising wi=
th the arrival of a Chipping Sparrow on High Street and a Yellow-bellied Sa=
psucker at the Bedford Waterfront (in the pine trees behind 50 Waterfront D=
r by the chain-linked fence near the railroad tracks).

Also, I don't think I reported before, there is a Groundhog living in my fr=
iend's backyard here in Bedford.  Unfortunately it only has one eye, but it=
 does manage very well...this doesn't seem to slow it down any.  I have a f=
ew photos of the groundhog at http://http://www.pbase.com/rosemarygallinger=
nature/recent_nature_photos. Just click on the thumbnail photo you want to =
open and then click Next or Previous to move through pics.

Rosemary Gallinger
Bedford, NS

=20=09=09=20=09=20=20=20=09=09=20=20=

--_af14eca7-2ef1-4aa2-97b2-b2353ec496d7_

<head>
.hmmessage P
{
margin:0px;
padding:0px
}
body.hmmessage
{
font-size: 10pt;
font-family:Tahoma
}
--></style>
</head>
Up until yesterday, the only spring arrivals I had found in Bedford were Am=
erican Robins, Double-crested Cormorants and a lone White-throated Sparrow =
that had moved into the yard.&nbsp; This morning things looked more promisi=
llow-bellied Sapsucker</b> at the Bedford Waterfront (in the pine trees beh=
ind 50 Waterfront Dr by the chain-linked fence near the railroad tracks).<b=
ving in my friend's backyard here in Bedford.&nbsp; Unfortunately it only h=
as one eye, but it does manage very well...this doesn't seem to slow it dow=
n any.&nbsp; I have a few photos of the groundhog at <a href=3D"http://http=
//www.pbase.com/rosemarygallingernature/recent_nature_photos"><font color=
=3D"red"><b>MailScanner has detected a possible fraud attempt from "http" c=
laiming to be</b></font> http://http://www.pbase.com/rosemarygallingernatur=
e/recent_nature_photos</a>. Just click on the thumbnail photo you want to o=
pen and then click Next or Previous to move through pics.<br><br>Rosemary G=

--_af14eca7-2ef1-4aa2-97b2-b2353ec496d7_--