[NatureNS] Birds crash into high rise buildings - article

From: Marg Millard <mmillard@eastlink.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2011 13:01:46 -0300

--Boundary_(ID_XAnJdtfwKZvobqgp5vA20Q)

That link doesn't work.  I remember getting up early in the morning during migration season in Toronto and going downtown and there were thousands of dead birds scattered on the pavement around the highrises - someone cleans them all up quickly so the general public doesn't know about this.

I've seen the same in Vancouver, Edmonton and in Calgary. Edmonton was by far the worst. They were dumping them by the wheelbarrow loads. Also at windmill sites in PEI, so bad....back in the 70's and eighties so don't know about changes....other than so many less birds. heart breaking. I hope I die before there is a world without birds.
Anyone hear anything about birds in Japan. How did they cope with all the happenings there? How do quakes actually affect them?
Marg in White Point, Queens

--Boundary_(ID_XAnJdtfwKZvobqgp5vA20Q)

<HTML><HEAD>
<META name=GENERATOR content="MSHTML 8.00.6001.19046">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial><FONT size=3 face="Times New Roman">That link
doesn't work.&nbsp; I remember getting up early in the morning during migration
season in Toronto and going downtown and there were thousands of dead birds
scattered on the pavement around the highrises -&nbsp;someone cleans them all up
quickly so the general public doesn't know about
this.<BR>&nbsp;</FONT><BR>.............</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial>I've seen the same in Vancouver, Edmonton and in
Calgary. Edmonton was by far the worst. They were dumping them by the
wheelbarrow loads. Also at windmill sites in PEI, so bad....back in the 70's and
eighties so don't know about changes....other than so many less birds. heart
breaking. I hope I die before there is a world without birds.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial>Anyone hear anything about birds in Japan. How did
they cope with all the happenings there? How do quakes actually affect
them?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial>Marg in White Point,
Queens</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

--Boundary_(ID_XAnJdtfwKZvobqgp5vA20Q)--