[NatureNS] blood root

From: "Heather Drope" <heather.drope@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2011 15:18:32 -0300

--Alt-Boundary-12056.129735437

Hello everyone and hope you have had a great Easter weekend thus far. I got to
the Smileys Park this noon hour and there were Blood Root in bloom farther in
the lower part of the camp ground. There is an especially nice clump or two
growing on the right verge of the road just past the equipment shed.
Also the Draba is in bloom. If you want to see that plant just look around and the
in the cultivated flower garden on the lawn area past where the campers pay. It
is a very tiny flower and a magnifier would help to see it. Oh yes and it isn't
native to NS.
Blood root has just come out and more leaves are pushing up so I expect
everyone has a week to see it. Just remember noon and sunshine make it open
up.
I have had my Happy Easter after seeing the blood root. Guess I'm easy to
please. Spring is here and this year I get to enjoy it!
Heather
Heather Drope
Nova Scotia Wild Flora Society
www.nswildflora.ca