[NatureNS] Snake in Timberlea

From: Brian Bartlett <bbartlett@eastlink.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Sun, 01 May 2011 13:22:23 -0300

illustrations) on the NS M

--Boundary_(ID_LG/cAvoVfqC30A4Jk1uw+w)

John, Unfortunately I didn't know to look for the three yellow spots -- =
maybe one of those cases of not seeing what you're not looking for. My =
guess is that in the shade at the trail's side  yellow spots may have =
not been terribly distinct from the orange. Certainly they're not that =
obvious in the photos I referred to -- they would stand out more in a =
darker variation. As I mentioned, process of elimination encourages me =
to think it was a Red-bellied -- don't see how it could be any of the =
other few Nova Scotian snakes.